Skip to main content

2017 Fantasy Nascar Picks (Michigan)

Welcome to TimersSports

Picks -

Yahoo -

Start - Kyle Busch

Bench - Martin Truex Jr

Reasons - Kyle Busch is hot right now and I am gonna use for Sunday's race. He may not have the dominant car, but he is capable of winning, in my opinion. Unless, you have the pole sitter, I don't think there are many better options this weekend than Kyle Busch.

Truex Jr should be top 5 good, too.

B:

Start - Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott

Bench - Ryan Blaney, Jamie Mac

Reasons -This is a tough week for the B-list honestly. All four drivers can be top 10 guys and most likely will be based on what we seen so far. Larson is the top guy here, as he looks to be top 5 good and has won the past two races at Michigan. I been saving my starts with him during the summer months, but planned to use him here for awhile. May as well use him and get the points. So Elliott, Blaney or JMac? That's tough, but I am going with Elliott. He has a great track record and should be good enough to be a top 10 guy (or more than likely top 5). I have more starts with Elliott than I have with Blaney and Jamie Mac COMBINED. So that was also a large factor, too.

C:

Start - Daniel Suarez

Bench - Ty Dillon

Reasons - The upcoming races before the chase: Bristol, Darlington and Richmond. I feel after this week, it is a good time to use guys like Dillon and McDowell, before getting back to the intermediate tracks. So I am going with Suarez, since I plan to use Elliott and Larson in B. I want max points day.

Jones is a great choice, if you are looking more toward that route. McDowell is a solid option, if you are looking at someone other than Dillon, Jones or Suarez.

Fantasy Live - 18,42,2,34 and 27

Fox Fantasy Auto Racing -11,42,21,88 and 78

Dark Horse -Ryan Blaney

Winner -Kyle Larson

Have a question or want to chat?

Email - briggs_garry48@yahoo.com

Twitter - @Garryy12 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music < Tarp Family: Folk Fest 2014 Wrap Up

It's taken me a long time to write this post because mostly I couldn't think of how to fill out my top 5 for the Edmonton Folk Fest 2014 . This was not a stellar year on the hill for music for me. I've previously acknowledged that I've pigeon holed myself so much musically that I enjoy less and less these days. And this year, I'm a bit burnt out and didn't really want to deal with the early mornings and the lines. I was only going to go for one day to see Michael Franti, but ended up being talked into getting a weekend pass. And it was a good thing I went for the whole festival. View of the city is always stunning from the hill. Here's my Folk Fest 2014 top 5: 1. My Tarp Family - Even though the music was not awesome for me this year, my tarp family sure was. This is the second (or third, we can't remember) year I've hung out at the top of the hill with my (relatively new) usual music crew. And over the years I've really come to love spending tim...

2018 Fantasy Nascar Profile: Chase Elliott

Welcome to TimersSports  Driver Name: Chase Elliott Car #: 9 Make: Chevy Season Debut: 2016 (First-Full Season) Number of Championships: 0 # of Career Starts: 77 # of Career Poles: 3 # of Career Wins: 0 # of Career Top 5s: 22  # of Career Top 10s: 38  # of Career DNFs: 7 # of Career laps led: 918 Career Average Finish: 14.1   Career Average Start: 11.9 # of 2017 Wins: 0 # of 2017 Top 5s: 12 # of 2017 Top 10s: 21 # of 2017 Poles: 0 # of 2017 DNFs: 4 # of 2017 laps led: 560  2017 Average Finish: 12.0 2017 Average Start: 10.8 2017 Fantasy Recap - I was kinda surprise by Elliott numbers as whole in 2017, he had a better 2017 than he did 2016. Even though at times, it did feel like Elliott has taken a step back in his second year at the cup level. I also felt like (throughout the year) that Elliott didn't truly take off until we got into the Nascar playoffs. The driver of the No.24 car was a force to be reckon with and a common name in drama down the stench. In those...

Book Review: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend

I quit my book club and stopped reading. I started to feel stupid. Like I'd lost my words. And as a librarian, whenever I don't read recreationally I feel guilty. Like it's my job or something. So I started a book club with some super local nearby northsider friends. It was scary at first, mixing different groups of friends but they're all awesome and everyone seems to get along great! The thing about my old book club I really liked was that it was open genre - we picked a different genre/topic each month and each read different books then talked about them. This really appealed to me because I don't like being told what to read and I don't like wasting time reading what I don't want to read. However, this doesn't appeal to everyone so for this new book club we're going to alternate reading the same book with an open genre/topic. I think. We'll see how month two goes. Choosing a book was actually not painful. Some people brought recommendations, ...