Skip to main content

2014 Canada Cup - Day 5

Last day. Women's final was in the morning, and was quite exciting.



Then there was a ridiculously long break, in which I went for lunch with my favourite CCA event accountant. Good times. It was great to catch up with an old friend!



The evening ended with the men's final, which was quite anticlimactic. I filmed the scrum on the ice, which usually scares the crap out of me, but this year was different. I love doing these events because I get to learn skills that I wouldn't ordinarily pick up at work. So far I've learned how to film and edit video, and I got supervisory experience from the 2012 Brier while I was a director. This event I learned how to film video without a tripod - not as terrifying as I originally thought! One of these days someone will teach my how to successfully manage the lighting and white balance!






Sweeting vs Homan in the final.











Team Sweeting won the Women's event!












Russ, Cheryl and Vic doing a tv spot right above where I was sitting.












Working on my blog while the men's final plays in the background. Love the view from the media bench.












Slider was really great all week! 












Men's winner - Team McEwen, aka Team Fireball!













And we're done. You'd be surprised how quickly they can tear down everything!





It's always sad when these events end and I have to say good bye to CCA people. It wasn't so bad this time because I know I'll see them at the 2015 Scotties in Moose Jaw! I'm really looking forward to the next event because I had fun this time - I'm back on the curling event bandwagon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music < Tarp Family: Folk Fest 2014 Wrap Up

It's taken me a long time to write this post because mostly I couldn't think of how to fill out my top 5 for the Edmonton Folk Fest 2014 . This was not a stellar year on the hill for music for me. I've previously acknowledged that I've pigeon holed myself so much musically that I enjoy less and less these days. And this year, I'm a bit burnt out and didn't really want to deal with the early mornings and the lines. I was only going to go for one day to see Michael Franti, but ended up being talked into getting a weekend pass. And it was a good thing I went for the whole festival. View of the city is always stunning from the hill. Here's my Folk Fest 2014 top 5: 1. My Tarp Family - Even though the music was not awesome for me this year, my tarp family sure was. This is the second (or third, we can't remember) year I've hung out at the top of the hill with my (relatively new) usual music crew. And over the years I've really come to love spending tim...

2018 Fantasy Nascar Profile: Chase Elliott

Welcome to TimersSports  Driver Name: Chase Elliott Car #: 9 Make: Chevy Season Debut: 2016 (First-Full Season) Number of Championships: 0 # of Career Starts: 77 # of Career Poles: 3 # of Career Wins: 0 # of Career Top 5s: 22  # of Career Top 10s: 38  # of Career DNFs: 7 # of Career laps led: 918 Career Average Finish: 14.1   Career Average Start: 11.9 # of 2017 Wins: 0 # of 2017 Top 5s: 12 # of 2017 Top 10s: 21 # of 2017 Poles: 0 # of 2017 DNFs: 4 # of 2017 laps led: 560  2017 Average Finish: 12.0 2017 Average Start: 10.8 2017 Fantasy Recap - I was kinda surprise by Elliott numbers as whole in 2017, he had a better 2017 than he did 2016. Even though at times, it did feel like Elliott has taken a step back in his second year at the cup level. I also felt like (throughout the year) that Elliott didn't truly take off until we got into the Nascar playoffs. The driver of the No.24 car was a force to be reckon with and a common name in drama down the stench. In those...

Book Review: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend

I quit my book club and stopped reading. I started to feel stupid. Like I'd lost my words. And as a librarian, whenever I don't read recreationally I feel guilty. Like it's my job or something. So I started a book club with some super local nearby northsider friends. It was scary at first, mixing different groups of friends but they're all awesome and everyone seems to get along great! The thing about my old book club I really liked was that it was open genre - we picked a different genre/topic each month and each read different books then talked about them. This really appealed to me because I don't like being told what to read and I don't like wasting time reading what I don't want to read. However, this doesn't appeal to everyone so for this new book club we're going to alternate reading the same book with an open genre/topic. I think. We'll see how month two goes. Choosing a book was actually not painful. Some people brought recommendations, ...