Skip to main content

2014 Canada Cup - Day 4

No tiebreakers means I got to sleep in! Yay! Only 2 games going on so it was fairly quiet work wise, nothing out of the ordinary really. Except I happened to open my big mouth which got me in trouble (also nothing out of the ordinary really) but I didn't get fired - yay! Haha, all is well in the curling world.



I met more nice curling people today, CCA staff, volunteers in the sponsor's lounge, fans, and ended up sitting and chatting with a couple timers in the stands. And that's why I'm here. Good people. Good times.






Team Nedohin vs Team Sweeting - maybe they should draft in the newest snow sculpture?






















The view from the media bench is always my favourite.












A better view of the Canada Cup on my 'desk'. Someone shined it up all pretty too!












Team Fireball!












I met this lady in the bathroom putting on her costume. I happened to run into Stu, the announcer, on my way out and told them about her. She got to play one of those between end games and won Big Valley Jamboree tickets! She said she's been dressing up for 20yrs to try get on TSN but has yet to be successful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music < Tarp Family: Folk Fest 2014 Wrap Up

It's taken me a long time to write this post because mostly I couldn't think of how to fill out my top 5 for the Edmonton Folk Fest 2014 . This was not a stellar year on the hill for music for me. I've previously acknowledged that I've pigeon holed myself so much musically that I enjoy less and less these days. And this year, I'm a bit burnt out and didn't really want to deal with the early mornings and the lines. I was only going to go for one day to see Michael Franti, but ended up being talked into getting a weekend pass. And it was a good thing I went for the whole festival. View of the city is always stunning from the hill. Here's my Folk Fest 2014 top 5: 1. My Tarp Family - Even though the music was not awesome for me this year, my tarp family sure was. This is the second (or third, we can't remember) year I've hung out at the top of the hill with my (relatively new) usual music crew. And over the years I've really come to love spending tim...

2018 Fantasy Nascar Profile: Chase Elliott

Welcome to TimersSports  Driver Name: Chase Elliott Car #: 9 Make: Chevy Season Debut: 2016 (First-Full Season) Number of Championships: 0 # of Career Starts: 77 # of Career Poles: 3 # of Career Wins: 0 # of Career Top 5s: 22  # of Career Top 10s: 38  # of Career DNFs: 7 # of Career laps led: 918 Career Average Finish: 14.1   Career Average Start: 11.9 # of 2017 Wins: 0 # of 2017 Top 5s: 12 # of 2017 Top 10s: 21 # of 2017 Poles: 0 # of 2017 DNFs: 4 # of 2017 laps led: 560  2017 Average Finish: 12.0 2017 Average Start: 10.8 2017 Fantasy Recap - I was kinda surprise by Elliott numbers as whole in 2017, he had a better 2017 than he did 2016. Even though at times, it did feel like Elliott has taken a step back in his second year at the cup level. I also felt like (throughout the year) that Elliott didn't truly take off until we got into the Nascar playoffs. The driver of the No.24 car was a force to be reckon with and a common name in drama down the stench. In those...

Book Review: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend

I quit my book club and stopped reading. I started to feel stupid. Like I'd lost my words. And as a librarian, whenever I don't read recreationally I feel guilty. Like it's my job or something. So I started a book club with some super local nearby northsider friends. It was scary at first, mixing different groups of friends but they're all awesome and everyone seems to get along great! The thing about my old book club I really liked was that it was open genre - we picked a different genre/topic each month and each read different books then talked about them. This really appealed to me because I don't like being told what to read and I don't like wasting time reading what I don't want to read. However, this doesn't appeal to everyone so for this new book club we're going to alternate reading the same book with an open genre/topic. I think. We'll see how month two goes. Choosing a book was actually not painful. Some people brought recommendations, ...