Skip to main content

Top 10 Pictures That Leave You Shocked



1. Tragedy of Omayra Sanchez


This eruption occurred in Colombia 1985 when a massive mudslide triggered. Around 25000 people were killed.

Image Credit: Frank Fournier

2. Operation Lion Heart


�Operation Lion Heart� is a story of 9 year old Iraqi Boy who was suffered by an explosion during one of the most dangerous war of 21st century � Iraq War. His courage and unwillingness to die gave him the nickname: Saleh Khalaf, �Lion Heart�.

Image Credit: Deanne Fitzmaurice

3. Bhopal Gas Tragedy 1984, India


Before 26 years, India�s most awful industrial catastrophe was occurred. In which around 558,125 people was injured and 15,000 people was killed. A leak of methyl isocyanine gas and other chemicals triggered a massive environmental and human disaster.

Image Credit: Pablo Bartholomew

4. Tsunami


One of the deadliest natural disaster in Indian History. Thousands of people injured, killed and so many people lose their relative, kids, home, land etc.

Image Credit: Arko Datta

5. World Trade Center 9/11, USA


The second largest aircraft crashing in New York city�s World Trade Centre.  Fireballs erupted and smoke billowed from the skyscrapers anticipating the towers.

Image Credit: Steve Ludlum

6. The Power of One


Earlier in 2006, Israeli authorities instruct to fire illegal outposts, such as Amona. Unended Violence was occurred between settlers and police officers.

Image Credit: Oded Balilty

7. After the Hard Blow Storm


In 2008, Haiti suffered from broad storm. Several people lose their life and many people lose their home and lands.

Image Credit: Patrick Farrell

8. Thailand Massacre



The Thammasat University Massacre took place on October 6, 1976. It was a very violent attack on students who were demonstrating against Field Marshall Thanom Kittikachorn.

Image Credit: Neal Ulevich

9. Liberian Civil War



Bullet casings swathe everywhere in street of Monrovia. The Liberian capital was the most terrible affected region, because it was the scene of heavy fighting between government officers and rebel forces.

Image Credit:  Carolyn Cole

10. Kosovo Refugees



The above picture portrays Agim Shala, a two-year-old boy, who is passed through a fence made with barbed wire to his family. Thousands of Kosovo refugees were reunited and camped in Kukes, Albania.

Image Credit:  Carol Guzy

Share your experience and suggestion through Comment BOX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music < Tarp Family: Folk Fest 2014 Wrap Up

It's taken me a long time to write this post because mostly I couldn't think of how to fill out my top 5 for the Edmonton Folk Fest 2014 . This was not a stellar year on the hill for music for me. I've previously acknowledged that I've pigeon holed myself so much musically that I enjoy less and less these days. And this year, I'm a bit burnt out and didn't really want to deal with the early mornings and the lines. I was only going to go for one day to see Michael Franti, but ended up being talked into getting a weekend pass. And it was a good thing I went for the whole festival. View of the city is always stunning from the hill. Here's my Folk Fest 2014 top 5: 1. My Tarp Family - Even though the music was not awesome for me this year, my tarp family sure was. This is the second (or third, we can't remember) year I've hung out at the top of the hill with my (relatively new) usual music crew. And over the years I've really come to love spending tim...

2018 Fantasy Nascar Profile: Chase Elliott

Welcome to TimersSports  Driver Name: Chase Elliott Car #: 9 Make: Chevy Season Debut: 2016 (First-Full Season) Number of Championships: 0 # of Career Starts: 77 # of Career Poles: 3 # of Career Wins: 0 # of Career Top 5s: 22  # of Career Top 10s: 38  # of Career DNFs: 7 # of Career laps led: 918 Career Average Finish: 14.1   Career Average Start: 11.9 # of 2017 Wins: 0 # of 2017 Top 5s: 12 # of 2017 Top 10s: 21 # of 2017 Poles: 0 # of 2017 DNFs: 4 # of 2017 laps led: 560  2017 Average Finish: 12.0 2017 Average Start: 10.8 2017 Fantasy Recap - I was kinda surprise by Elliott numbers as whole in 2017, he had a better 2017 than he did 2016. Even though at times, it did feel like Elliott has taken a step back in his second year at the cup level. I also felt like (throughout the year) that Elliott didn't truly take off until we got into the Nascar playoffs. The driver of the No.24 car was a force to be reckon with and a common name in drama down the stench. In those...

Book Review: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend

I quit my book club and stopped reading. I started to feel stupid. Like I'd lost my words. And as a librarian, whenever I don't read recreationally I feel guilty. Like it's my job or something. So I started a book club with some super local nearby northsider friends. It was scary at first, mixing different groups of friends but they're all awesome and everyone seems to get along great! The thing about my old book club I really liked was that it was open genre - we picked a different genre/topic each month and each read different books then talked about them. This really appealed to me because I don't like being told what to read and I don't like wasting time reading what I don't want to read. However, this doesn't appeal to everyone so for this new book club we're going to alternate reading the same book with an open genre/topic. I think. We'll see how month two goes. Choosing a book was actually not painful. Some people brought recommendations, ...